Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a problem that is getting increasingly important and is often considered in the literature as a sign of liver damage in the metabolic syndrome. Currently, there is a tendency to rapid growth and rejuvenation of patients with this pathology. Metabolic syndrome, which is a polyetiological disease and is characterized by metabolic disorders and the launch of various pathological cascade reactions, can cause cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus and their complications. Problem of comorbidity leads to deterioration in the quality of life of the patient and in severe cases can cause death.
The article describes a clinical case of newly diagnosed NAFLD in a young patient with obesity in comorbidity with hyperandrogenism, postcholecystectomy syndrome, and reactive pancreatitis. The article presents a system analysis, bibliosemantics and case analysis of a particular patient with NAFLD. The search for sources was carried out using the scientific and statistical database of medical information. The absence of pathognomonic signs and complaints of this disease draws the attention of scientists and clinicians to conduct a comprehensive study of this problem, as well as improving the detection system of NAFLD in the early stages. This will help to avoid the development of the disease and various complications associated with the metabolic syndrome, as well as save and improve the patient’s life. Fighting against the “diseases of the 21st century” should begin long before the manifestation of obvious signs of the disease.
This clinical case emphasizes the relevance of this problem in medical practice. Active identification and prevention of the initial manifestations of this disease in young people will help reduce the risk of developing comorbid diseases. Patients with NAFLD and obesity have an increased risk of various complications, therefore, they need more medical attention and frequent monitoring of liver indices and functional status.
2. Марущак М. І., Антонічев М. М., Мазур Л. П. Механізми формування метаболічних порушень при діабетичному стеатогепатиті. Сучасна гастроентерологія. 2013. № 2. С. 30–34.
3. Огнєва О. В. Взаємозв’язок фактора некрозу пухлин α й лептину та їхній вплив на функцію печінки у хворих з неалкогольною жировою хворобою печінки у поєднанні з цукровим діабетом 2-го типу. Сучасна гастроентерологія. 2012. № 4. С. 15–18.
4. Alswat K., Aljumah A. A., Sanai F. M. et al. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease burden — Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Saudi journal of gastroenterology: official journal of the Saudi Gastroenterology Association. 2018. Vol. 24. P. 211–219.
5. Doycheva I., Watt K. D., Alkhouri N. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in adolescents and young adults: The next frontier in the epidemic. Hepatology. 2017. Vol. 65. P. 2100–2109.
6. Estes C., Razavi H., Loomba R. et al. Modeling the epidemic of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease demonstrates an exponential increase in burden of disease. Hepatology. 2017. Vol. 67. P. 123–133.
7. Saklayen M. G. The global epidemic of the metabolic syndrome. Current Hypertension Reports. 2018. Vol. 20. P. 12.
8. Streba L. A., Vere C. C., Rogoveanu I., Streba C. T. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, metabolic risk factors, and hepatocellular carcinoma: an open question. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2015. Vol. 21, No 14. P. 4103–4110.
9. Weiss R., Dziura J., Burgert T. S. Obesity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescent. N. Engl. J. Med. 2004. Vol. 350. P. 2362–2374.